So, I am not going to pretend I am a Starwars fan--I was raised by and as a hardcore Trekkie--and I haven't even seen a complete Star wars movie in my life. Disregarding that, though, I am a total sci-fi geek and I can appreciate it when my geekiness merges with my religious side. When I saw the work of a French artist going by the pseudonym Travis Durden, I was more than a little intrigued and amused. Durden has reinvented a series of Star wars characters, making them resemble ancient Hellenic sculptures, The Greek Reporter reports. It seems Durden, who is well-versed in ancient art,  fell in love with contemporary popular culture--two subjects that he studied in art school--and decided to merge them.


For those who don't know, Star Wars is an American epic space opera franchise centered on a film series created by George Lucas. In 2012, Disney acquired Lucasfilm and announced three new Star Wars films, with the first film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, planned for release in a few weeks. Duren is thus right on time with his collection.

Based on forms he found in Paris’ louvre museum, Durden has digitally sculpted a series of five figures, each bearing the armor or facial likeness of a one of the film’s fictional personalities, from a cherub-style Yoda to a philosophical stormtropper.


 
 
 
Personally, I greatly appreciate fun things like this. How about you? I think Darth Vader looks rather dashing this way!